Sunday, June 3, 2012

Cookies!

This morning I looked out my window to see nothing but rain! I was so disappointed; all week Zoe and I had been planning to have a picnic in the backyard. Looking outside at the torrential downpour that was occurring outside the glass, Zoe suggested that instead, we make some cookies. We headed downstairs to get the ingredients.


We decided to make some chocolate chip cookies (our favorite!). From the pantry, we got some sugar, flour, butter, eggs, and chocolate chips. I also found a large mixing bowl and spoon, a rolling pin, a knife, and cutting board. 


I cut up the butter into little chunks, so it would be easier to mix into the batter later. Then I put all the pieces in the bowl.

Then I poured in the sugar...

...Then the flour...

 ...And the eggs...

...Then I mixed it all together.

I plopped the little round ball of dough out onto the cutting board...

...And rolled it out with the rolling pin.

Ta da! All ready for being put into the oven.

And now we wait...

Here they are, fresh out of the oven!

Cheers! Zoe and I ended up having a picnic after all - of sorts.  What's your favorite thing to do when you're stuck inside on a rainy Sunday?


No comments:

Post a Comment