Monday, December 24, 2012

Making Christmas Cookies

Merry Christmas Eve! Every year, we make a whole batch of sugar cookies on Christmas Eve, and this year was no exception. 
Mom made the dough and rolled it out while Zoe and I picked out the cookie cutters we wanted to use.

Zoe's favorites are the animal cookie cutters - we have an elephant, a giraffe, a monkey, a cheetah, a camel, a lion, a loon, and a rhino - but I like the generic Christmas trees and gingerbread families the best.


I started by cutting out a little gingerbread girl. I always have to make a full family, with a mom, a dad, a brother, and a sister. I hate eating them, though; I'm fine with eating trees and stars and hearts, but the gingerbread people look just too much like humans. Zoe knows this, and so tries to eat as many as she can right in front of me.

I set her down on the cookie sheet and went back to cutting out more cookies.

Mom put the first sheet in the oven after we had filled it and gave us another one. I think we ended up filling about four sheets, which is good - I love sugar cookies!

Once the first batch had come back out of the oven, we set to frosting them.

After the frosting had dried, we got to eat them! Of course, Zoe had already eaten at least an entire sheet, but she said there was always room for more cookies.

I can't believe Christmas is tomorrow! I'm so excited! Mom says every year that she's worried she won't get us enough presents, but every year she always piles the floor beneath the tree with mysterious packages. And this is just my pile! Zoe's is to the other side of the tree.

Merry Christmas Eve everybody! I'll try to post tomorrow during all the excitement!

That's all for now! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment